Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Seetharaman Narayanan <se...@keynote.com> on 2001/09/27 19:11:44 UTC

JavaScript Validation

Hello
           Can anyone point out how to handle

  1) the Client Side Javascript Validation in Struts Framework? Where
exactly do we put these javascript validations? Do we put it in the jsp page
itself?

  2) How do we handle jsps which include other jsps?

  3) Can we pre compile the new jsps in the struts framework by invoking the
jspc?

Thanks and Regards
Seetharaman

Re: JavaScript Validation

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
You could include it in the actualy jsp, store it
somewhere and have a custom tag retrieve it, etc.  You
might want to look at the Validator framework.  It has
support for auto-generating JavaScript in conjunction
with server side validations.  The validation rules
are stored in an xml file.  The code is in the Struts
contrib/validator directory and is also posted here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/

You should be able to precompile JSP pages.

David
--- Seetharaman Narayanan

http://phone.yahoo.com