Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/29 08:13:13 UTC

(New) reviewer field in Kafka jiras

I had requested infra to add a reviewer field in our jiras -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8189 Hopefully it will
make it easier to formally keep track of a review owner for each jira.

It goes without saying that it should not be interpreted as sole
reviewer - i.e., more than one person can and should review, but I
think this is slightly better than assigning a jira back to a person
to indicate a review is required.

Joel

Re: (New) reviewer field in Kafka jiras

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joel! This is super helpful for distributing the outstanding reviews
amongst all committers and also useful for keeping track of the review todo
list per committer. I'd encourage all active committers to sign up for
patch review as that is one of the most important responsibilities of a
committer and also helps in scaling and building the community.

Currently, we have Apache send out an email for all JIRAs that have patches
outstanding. In addition to that, it will be ideal to send each committer a
list of unresolved JIRAs for which they are listed as a reviewer. I think
this will help provide a better experience to new contributors, who
currently spend significant time pinging committers on individual JIRAs
that can get lost in the list of open source emails.

Thanks,
Neha

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Thanks Joel, good stuff