Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ni...@planet.nl on 2008/01/25 14:37:33 UTC

Subversion can't find the home folder when run through Maven on Windows with a umlaut in the username

I crosspost this to the Maven and Subversion list, because I really don't know where this issue comes from.

Today a colleague of my tried to do a mvn release:prepare on his machine. This failed, because of svn certificate errors. (I know, our certificate is not really proper, but normally it works) Also mvn scm:update failed with the same error. As far as I know, these commands call the svn command directly and not through some special library, like subclipse does.

The command line version of svn could execute fine on the project, so that was not the issue. After a lot of trial-and-error, we tried to create a new user on the windows machine, because the current user had an 'u umlaut' in the name. After that, the svn called from maven started to react normally.

Is this a known issue in subversion, maven or their combination? Can someone confirm this error or found out before?

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk