Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Leditschke <mi...@ammd.com.au> on 2002/09/04 15:42:07 UTC

UNLOCK failure in slide client?

I am finding that UNLOCK in the slide
client only works when the LOCK is done in
the same session. IF I shutdown and restart
the client between the LOCK and the UNLOCK,
the LOCK fails.

Looking at the slide server logs, it would
appear the UNLOCK request doesn't even make it
to the wire.

Does this concur with anyone else's experience?

Is this the expected behaviour?

Regards
Michael

--

Michael Leditschke
AMMD Professional Services Pty Ltd

"The question of whether computers can think is
like the question of whether submarines can swim"

                    --Edsger W. Dijkstra,
                      deceased 6 August 2002

Re: UNLOCK failure in slide client?

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Michael Leditschke wrote:
>>Yeah, sadly, the nightly builds have not really been "builds" for some
>>time now, due to prereq-failures or errors in obscure corners of our own
>>code (the nightlies are built by Gump).
>>
>>So, if you downloaded a nightly, you actually just downloaded a source
>>snapshot, and will need to do the build yourself :-(
>

> Thanks Chris.
>
> building wasn't what I wanted to do but here goes...
>
> I've downloaded Ant and few required jar files and
> initiated the build.
>
> It gets to the webdav-client and then fails with the
> following errors
>
> webdav-client:
>     [antlr] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: antlr/Tool
>     [antlr] Exception in thread "main"
>

> antlr.jar and antlr-tools.jar are in ./lib. Any
> suggestions?

This should go in the FAQ ;-)

If you have installed Ant 1.5 or later, locate a line in the build.xml
file that contains the string "Ant 1.5"... under that is a <classpath>
element commented out... all you need to do is uncomment it.

If you're using an earler version of Ant, you'll need to put the ANTLR
jars on your classpath by appending them to the CLASSPATH env variable.

Yes, it's a mess :-(

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

RE: UNLOCK failure in slide client?

Posted by Michael Leditschke <mi...@ammd.com.au>.

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.

/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

RE: UNLOCK failure in slide client?

Posted by Michael Leditschke <mi...@ammd.com.au>.
I downloaded the latest nightly build 04-09-2002.
What directory should I look in for the build?
All I could find where .java files, no class/jar files.

Thanks
Michael

Posted by Sung-Gu <je...@apache.org>.