Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kristian Rink <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/17 19:07:19 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy_balancer and multiple balancer configurations

Folks;

we use an apache2.4 and mod_proxy_balancer in front of various backend
systems that aren't per se able to deal with load balancers in front of
them so we use the approach outlined in [1] and mod_headers to set a
ROUTEID cookie.

What so far I was unable to figure out: How does this setup work with
multiple balancer configurations when a client does request certain
resources and thus go down different routes on different balancers? In

Header add Set-Cookie "ROUTEID=.%{BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE}e; path=/"
env=BALANCER_ROUTE_CHANGED � ,

how can I figure out *which* BALANCER_ROUTE_CHANGED and to *which* of
the configured balancers the BALANCER_WORKER_ROUTE belongs? Is such a
setup possible after all?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

[1]https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html#exampl