Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com> on 2014/09/26 22:02:32 UTC

ZooKeeper Meetup

Dear contributors and users of ZooKeeper,

Since our last meet-up, we have seen a lot of effort going on in the
community. Now is a good time to hold another for us to present, share, and
network with great ideas with each other.

Cloudera would like to provide food, room space, and what else needed to
host the event in Palo Alto HQ. For other details, it welcomes and needs
follow-up discussion. The basic idea is to have two parts in the meeting:
presentation and networking. We can also have a fix-it day right after.

I am not sure what it would be. Please help me out here sharing your
suggestion. Note that remote presentation (WebEx, Skype) is also an option.

Sincerely, thanks for your dedication and support in the community.

*- Hongchao Deng*

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Yen Pai <ye...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hongchao,

When are you expecting to hold this event?

If you think it might be suitable, I might potentially be interested in
presenting on ZK usage at TubeMogul, Inc. -- as well as on a project that I
have been working on called Reign, which provides some tools for creating
distributed applications simpler:
http://github.com/ypai/reign

It is in limited rollout at TubeMogul and other places and is getting to a
point where I would start publicizing it.

- Y

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Greg, that sounds really interesting!

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.

RE: ZooKeeper Meetup

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.
On 30 September 2014 09:31, Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> My first thought is to make it *Oct 30 or Nov 4*.
>
> So far I have Jordan, Michi, and Alex volunteer to present. Let me know if
> more people want to. I will work out more details within the company and
> create a meetup event later.

Those dates work for me, I'll be there! Thanks for setting this up!

-rgs

RE: ZooKeeper Meetup

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés <rg...@itevenworks.net>.

RE: ZooKeeper Meetup

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Michi Mutsuzaki <mi...@cs.stanford.edu>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Steve Morin <st...@gmail.com>.

RE: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.

RE: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

RE: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by "Ibrahim El-sanosi (PGR)" <i....@newcastle.ac.uk>.
Hi Hongchao,

I live in UK. I am unable to come. So, is it possible to watch the event online?

Thank you

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Wow! Thanks :)

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Wow! Thanks :)

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Wow! Thanks :)

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.
- Time: Nov 5, Wed, 6pm
+ Time: Nov 6, Thur, 6pm

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.
- Time: Nov 5, Wed, 6pm

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Nov. 6 would be better for me.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Nov. 6 would be better for me.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Nov. 6 would be better for me.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.
Sorry for my careless decision. I can change it to Nov. 4 or 6..

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <jordan@jordanzimmerman.com

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup

Posted by Hongchao Deng <hd...@cloudera.com>.

Re: ZooKeeper Meetup