Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Branislav Jovicic <br...@nissatech.com> on 2020/10/13 08:41:19 UTC

StreamPipes visualization

Greetings, everyone,

I was working on timeseries analysis and I wanted to visualize results (as an output of a pipeline). I found out that StreamPipes Dashboard does not provide suitable features.
Therefore, I decided to get in touch with you and suggest several features.

What I wanted to achieve looks similar to this:
[cid:f3687bc7-f051-467e-aa0f-1ef83a2c8950]

Features that I am suggesting are following:

  *   horizontal lines
  *   vertical lines
  *   multiple graphs per chart (e.g. multiple line graphs)
  *   advanced styling options (colors, lines, labels, etc)
  *   styling based on property value (example from above - blue and red points)
  *   onHover event (e.g. hovering over a point, displays information)

Maybe, some kind of "Chart Builder" would be viable option - User would select "chart" visualization from Dashboard Sink and then "Chart Builder" would pop up, providing options for creating desired chart.
For example, if user wanted to draw line graph, he would select that option and then he would need to select array property from an incoming event. Next, he could add horizontal line/s to that chart by selecting "horizontal line" option and appropriate single value/array property from an event, etc.
Basically, user would be able to visualize every property of an event with an appropriate graph option in the same chart:

  *   arrays -> line/bar graphs, horizontal/vertical lines
  *   single numerical value -> point, horizontal/vertical line
  *   etc.

I am open for discussion and I would like to hear your opinions on this topic.

Kindest regards,
Branislav

Re: StreamPipes visualization

Posted by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

@Branislav, I added some preliminary work (image) and some experience with the ngx-charts (visualization framework we use in the dashboard) to the wiki.

Feel free to comment and further upload your pics :) Already really liked you suggestions

Patrick

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi Branislav,

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.