Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Andersen <ta...@studentloan.org> on 2009/06/11 23:52:55 UTC

problem upgrading to Maven 2.1.0

I am currently using Maven 2.0.9. When I upgraded to Maven 2.1.0, it seems to be trying to download dependencies from different repositories. I have doubled checked my settings.xml to make sure it uses the same as my 2.0.9 settings.

We use Archiva 1.1.3 mirroring http://repo1.maven.org/maven2

The specific jars I'm having a problem with are howl-1.0.1-1.jar and xerces-2.0.2.jar.

Here's where it is trying to get them from:
http://servicemix.org/m2-repo/xerces/xerces/2.0.2/xerces-2.0.2.jar
http://servicemix.org/m2-repo/org/objectweb/howl/howl/1.0.1-1/howl-1.0.1-1.pom

Why is it trying to download these from different locations when they exist in my local mirror that is configured in my settings.xml?

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom

they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also

confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed in this message are

those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of Iowa Student

Loan.

Re: problem upgrading to Maven 2.1.0

Posted by Kiss Tibor <ki...@gmail.com>.
While upgrading from Maven 2.0.10 to 2.1.0 it seems that I cannot deploy the
most simple artifact to my nexus repo if I am using IBM jdk 1.4.2.

In Maven 2.1.0 running on the following IBM jdk

On Linux I have
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM build cxia32142-20080923 (SR12) (JIT
enabled: jitc))

On Windows I have
java version "1.4.2"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)
Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Windows 32 build cn142ifx-20061121
(ifix 112270: SR6 + 111682 + 111872 + 110979) (JIT enabled: jitc))

In both cases I have the same error while deploying from Maven v2.1.0.

If I use Sun JDK 1.4.2 or IBM JDK 1.5.0 it works.

When fails (those ibm jdk 1.4.2) I see that the maven-metadata.xml is not
created and nor deployed. Maybe the same issue as
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-443 .

I attached the logs for both platforms (linux and Windows XP), both has the
same stacktrace.

At the end of the stacktraces I have
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
http://10.236.30.24:8888/nexus/content/repositories/releases/com/zulu/buildenv/ParentPOM/maven-metadata.xml
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.
HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:839)
        at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:304)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.fillInputData(LightweightHttpWagon.java:115)
        ... 28 more

Only by rebuilding the metadata within Nexus correct my repository. It means
that the Maven 2.1.0 can corrupt the content in a Nexus repository.

I switched back to Maven 2.0.10 ant it is working with all of my JDKs.

It is true, that Maven 2.1.0 is not supported on JDK 1.4 ??

Regards,
Tibor

Re: problem upgrading to Maven 2.1.0

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Are you using <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> or <mirrorOf>external:*</mirrorOf>?
If not, Maven may be encountering a different repositoryId that isn't in
your list of <mirrorOf> entries in your settings.xml...

-john