Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Chaudhary, Harsh" <HC...@amfam.com> on 2006/06/12 22:42:56 UTC

Harsh: Turn off warning in POI

Hi all,
While using POI to access a spreadsheet, I get the following warning:

[WARNING] Unknown Ptg 3d (61)

[WARNING] Unknown Ptg 3d (61)

I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what that means. I did
some searching and I believe that this has something to do with 3D
objects. I don't have such an object in my sheet, not even a chart, but
it is possible someone at some point in time inserted one in there.
Unless I am wrong about the cause of this warning.

Is it something I should worry about in a production environment? And
how can I turn these warnings off?

 My first thought was that POI is using Log4J for these messages but
that does not seem to be the case.

Thanks,

Harsh.

Re:Turn off warning in POI

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
yup, hex 3d (decimal 61) is the ID for ptgAreaError3d . So what you should be
looking for is a #REF in your sheets on a cell with a sheet reference.

Since Ptg's dont contain size fields in the records, one unknown ptg can cause
subsequent ptgs to be unrecognised. Usually, however, the error is contained
within that particular cell. At the very least, therefore, that cell will
have some junk written in if you write the sheet back.

The best thing to do is to remove such objects from your sheets.
Alternatively, this is a very simple ptg, and you should be able to implement
it quite easily.

The warning is itself written to std err. Its not a configurable thing. If you
dont want to see it in your environment, just comment it out in source, and
recompile... it'll be a two minute job...

Regards
-
Avik

Re: Harsh: Turn off warning in POI