Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Ronald G. Louzon" <RG...@aethersystems.com> on 2001/05/02 17:44:53 UTC

Soap Connection Failure

My system is WINNT and I have installed the XERCES xml parser, Apache Soap
and Tomcat 3-2-1.  If I use the browser to connect to
http:/localhost:8080/soap, I can list, deploy, undeploy and also get to the
RPC page.  But, if I try to do a "List" from the command line in DOS using

java -cp %CLASSPATH%;"..\..";"c:\soap-2_1"
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

the list command fails with

Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

What am I doing wrong?  I thought that if I could connect through the
browser, I should also be able to connect from the command line.  Does the
browser connection bypass the SOAP protocol?

Thanks,
Ron