Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kenneth Tang <kt...@confluentsoftware.com> on 2003/09/08 23:47:48 UTC

questions related to context root configuration on tomcat 4.1.27 ...

Hi,

            I have questions related to context root configuration on
tomcat 4.1.27.

For our company's web application, we put our application specific files
under WEB-INF.  During startup, our application checks if those files
are there and startup our application based on properties inside the
files.  We put the war file under <CATALINA_HOME>\webapps and all the
content of the war file got extracted into <CATALINA_HOME>\webapps.
Everything works fine. However, problem comes up when we want to set the
context path other than the default one(the war file name)...

I put <context> element in server.xml and try to use for example,
"abc/foo" other than just "foo" for the context path.  However, our
application specific files cannot be found under WEB-INF.  I have
checked that not all the content of the war file (included our
application specific files) are extracted to the "workdir" directory (by
default <CATALINA_HOME>\work).

I have tried to use exploded web application structure other than war
file.  The result is the same.  Only few files got copied into the
"workdir".

My questions are:

How can I make tomcat (4.1) extract / unjar all context from the war to
the "workdir" in this case (use context path other than the default)?
Or, is there any way that I can set tomcat (4.1) to extract some
particular files from the war file into the "workdir" during startup
time?

Thanks a lot,

Ken