Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Alf Koegel <al...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/16 17:30:58 UTC

mod_ssl // soap

Hi *!

I have a problem with understanding and setting up a secure communication
for a
soap service.

The goal to reach is:
- The SSL work should be done in the mod_ssl modul of the apache. So the
tomcat
  isn't crying out loudly for extrem ssl work.
- Authentication is not necessary; the main is, that nobody can read the
soap
  messages.

I have found many papers how to set up a tomcat standalone with a soap ssl
service, but no one which explain how to setup the equal thing through using
mod_ssl.

What I have reached uptil now:
My dummy soap service ( HelloServer ) can work on a standalone tomcat soap
architecture.
Then I have transfered it to an apache + mod_ssl + tomcat architecture. The
soap
service gui is running ( over https ).
But if I want to run a client the return error is a
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
in a ajp13 class.

Can somebody help me in:
- Which certificate ( name + location ) I have to import.
- Has got somebody a little example for a soap service using https with
mod_ssl.

Thank you for you help, but in this moment I have no idea where I have to
search
now ( The work between ssl, apache and tomcat is really complecated. ).

Alf Koegel

--
Student of
Computer Science at