Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Robin Roos <Ro...@Investec.co.uk> on 2008/03/20 10:19:45 UTC

What revision of svn repository was checked out for build 24 ?

Hi Folks

How can I tell what revision of my subversion repository was checked out
for teh Continuum build #24 of my project?

Thanks.

Before acting on this e mail or opening any attachment please read the disclaimer which can be accessed at http://www.investec.com/EmailDisclaimer/UKEmailDisclaimer.htm
Investec Bank (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com

Investec Bank (UK) Limited
Registered office: 2 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7QP Company No: 00489604 Incorporated in England and Wales

Re: What revision of svn repository was checked out for build 24 ?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 2:19 AM, Robin Roos <Ro...@investec.co.uk> wrote:

>  How can I tell what revision of my subversion repository was checked out
>  for teh Continuum build #24 of my project?

You can use the BuildNumber plugin to expose the svn revision number
as a property, which you can then use in the build.

For example, I recently added this to the Continuum parent pom in
order to put the svn revision number in the manifest of all the jar
files:  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/trunk/pom.xml

--
Wendy

Re: What revision of svn repository was checked out for build 24 ?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Not possible currently but I think there are some issues related to
this feature. (I'd like to see it too ;-) ).

But as Continuum can use different scm provider. This doesn't exists
for some (cvs doesn't have any revision number).

--
Olivier