Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Brian Topping <to...@digidemic.com> on 2002/06/06 09:39:27 UTC

Action configuration problem in subsitemaps

Hi all,

I'm running into an action configuration problem in a subsitemap.  I have an operable authentication system, but I want to mix forms in.  When I add the <map:action> for the form wizard in a subsitemap, all of the actions for authentication (i.e. "auth-protect") are forgotten about.

I have mirrored the subsitemap that Carsten checked in the other day WRT the <map:components> element, which relies on the actions defined in the context sitemap.  I then simply added:

  <map:actions>
    <map:action name="HowtoWizardAction"
      src="org.apache.cocoon.samples.xmlform.howto.HowtoWizardAction"
      logger="webapp.xmlform"/>
  </map:actions>

Fixing the problem is something that I am interested in, but also have a couple of other questions:

1) is cocoon-dev the right place to be posting a question like this, or should i be using cocoon-users?

2) If i knew avalon better, would the answer to this problem be obvious to me?  Or is there something else that i should study.  I *really* want to learn Cocoon cold...

thanks!

brian

RE: Action configuration problem in subsitemaps

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Brian,

Brian Topping wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm running into an action configuration problem in a subsitemap.
>  I have an operable authentication system, but I want to mix
> forms in.  When I add the <map:action> for the form wizard in a
> subsitemap, all of the actions for authentication (i.e.
> "auth-protect") are forgotten about.
>
> I have mirrored the subsitemap that Carsten checked in the other
> day WRT the <map:components> element, which relies on the actions
> defined in the context sitemap.  I then simply added:
>
>   <map:actions>
>     <map:action name="HowtoWizardAction"
>       src="org.apache.cocoon.samples.xmlform.howto.HowtoWizardAction"
>       logger="webapp.xmlform"/>
>   </map:actions>

When I add this action, the sitemap doesn't work anymore because
I don't have the class. Is this your problem?

If I add another (existing) action, no problems occur and the
portal demo still works.

Could you please give some more information on what's going wrong?

> Fixing the problem is something that I am interested in, but also
> have a couple of other questions:
>
> 1) is cocoon-dev the right place to be posting a question like
> this, or should i be using cocoon-users?

cocoon-dev seems to be the right place.

> 2) If i knew avalon better, would the answer to this problem be
> obvious to me?  Or is there something else that i should study.
> I *really* want to learn Cocoon cold...

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler     Chief Architect     Open Source Group, S&N AG