Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Stratmann, Holger" <ho...@cassiopeia.de> on 2003/01/14 18:09:57 UTC

AW: Apache 2.0 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + Realms + Java WebStart don't wor k

I was using Tomcat 4.1 with JavaWebStart (JWS) and it worked fine!

Does your realm work ok? IOW: Can you call html/jsp-pages which are access
protected?
Try calling a page that is in the same directory as the JNLP.

Also:
Which version of JavaWebStart are you using?
If you say: "the system" is unable to load the JNLP file, do you mean the
browser or do you mean JavaWebStart?
Do you use BASIC or form-based authentication? I use BASIC and I'm not sure
if (and how!) form-based could work...
(I was happy to see that JavaWebStart supported BASIC :-)

Let us know...
               Holger

Btw: As a hint for everybody who's using authentication w/ JavaWebStart:
I found it quite annoying to enter username/password every time I launch the
application (!!), just because JWS wants to check for updates. When you
press "Cancel" ("No, I don't want to check for updates..."), JWS does not
launch the application.
Then I found out that JWS uses the HEAD-method to check if files were
modified. GREAT!! You can use access-protection for everything but HEAD and
you're prompted for the password only if an update is available on the
server (which is usually a cool method...)

Re: Apache 2.0 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + Realms + Java WebStart don't work

Posted by Antonio Vázquez <av...@winsoftsystems.com>.
Holger,

I think that the problems was in the spanish and special characters "ñó()"
in the descriptions.

Thanks for your help

Antonio Vázquez

For additional commands, e-mail: