Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by John Wilson <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/02 17:53:17 UTC

Quick question on Atomic Mode

Hi,

I'm in atomic mode and I do a put operation on my cache and a power fail
happens in the middle of the put process... does Ignite use the WAL to
rollback a partial write? How does it guarantee that the atomic put is an
put successfully or do-nothing operation?

Thanks,

Re: Quick question on Atomic Mode

Posted by "slava.koptilin" <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

The answer to your question depends on WAL mode you configured.
Apache ignite provides 4 modes:
 - DEFAULT (The changes are guaranteed to be persisted to disk for every
atomic write or transactional commit)
 - LOG_ONLY (The changes are guaranteed to be flushed to the OS buffer cache
for every atomic write or transactional commit)
 - BACKGROUND (The changes are flushed to the node's internal buffer
periodically)
 - NONE (WAL is disabled)

the comprehensive description of WAL modes and consistency guarantees are
available here [2]

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/write-ahead-log#section-wal-modes

Thanks!