Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org> on 2014/07/17 18:38:51 UTC

Jenkins patch available failing - findbugs issues (what changed?)

Hi folks. I see that findbugs is picking up a number of issues in
recent "precommit" builds

https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-ZOOKEEPER-Build/2191//artifact/trunk/build/test/findbugs/newPatchFindbugsWarnings.html

 -1 findbugs.  The patch appears to introduce 87 new Findbugs (version
2.0.3) warnings.

Does anyone know why?

Giri is this related to the recent upgrades?

Patrick

Re: Jenkins patch available failing - findbugs issues (what changed?)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
We have a file with findbugs excludes that sets a baseline. Anything
that shows up separate from the baseline is "introduced" (but really
introduced since the last time that file was updated, although this
typically means in the patch because we don't commit stuff that
introduced new issues in findbugs). I believe what's happened here is
that findbugs itself was upgraded, it now looks for new issues and
that's likely what is beyond the baseline file.

Look at src/java/test/config/findbugsExcludeFile.xml

Patrick

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.

--