Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Patrick Schoonveld <ps...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/14 18:59:09 UTC

commons-net FTPClient update

Hi everybody,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for
taking over the NetComponents source tree. It is a
very useful lib that I've used in a few places and
really like. It's great to see code go into the wild
instead of disappearing.

My reason for emailing is the attached modification to
the FTPClient class. We had a performance problem when
sending ASCII streams over FTP using this object
because of the line separator filtering. It was solved
by adding two functions, __storeFileStream(command,
name, boolean filterASCII) and
storeFileStream(filename, boolean filterASCII).

I'm not sure if it really fits the direction you are
taking with the project, but it solved a major problem
I had. I hope it's useful.

Thank you,
Patrick Schoonveld.

=====
http://webhosting.yahoo.com

Re: commons-net FTPClient update

Posted by Patrick Schoonveld <ps...@yahoo.com>.
Of course, the it didn't attach. I'll try again...

=====

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
(unless i missed something) i suspect that you really wanted to post this
to commons0dev rather than maven-dev.

- robert