Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de> on 2005/02/07 16:01:03 UTC

Different libs for client / serverside programming?

Hi List,

do I have to use different libraries for developing on Slides Server / Client-Side?

I subclassed SubjectNode and set my new class in <auto-create-users-role>.

When executing a request from the SubjectNode (for example:

String username = "testUser";

HttpURL sessionURL = new HttpURL(
        "http://localhost:8080/slide/files/users");
sessionURL.setUserinfo("root", "root");

WebdavResource session = new WebdavResource(sessionURL);

MkcolMethod meth = new MkcolMethod(username);

System.out.println("mkcol");
session.mkcolMethod("/slide/files/users/" + username);
System.out.println("/mkcol");
)

This should create the "home dir" of a user under /files/users/<username>.

But when executing the request nothing happens, even after a long time.

When executing this request from a standalone java application everything works fine.

Did I miss a thing?
Is it not allowed to make request from the server side?
How can I create collections or change properties without usin MkCol or Proppatch?

Could someone help me please out?

Thanks in advance

SVen