Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2002/04/05 19:15:28 UTC

I WANT A GA release

I think 2.0.34 is good enough for a GA release.  There are two major
bugs that must be fixed.

1)  error pages have wrong content-type.  Wrowe is working on a fix.

2)  autoindex problems.  I have fixed the showstopper on my system with
a one-line patch.  I just need to fix the HEADER/README ordering
problem.  Expect a commit within the hour to fix autoindex completely.

What else would we need to do to get a GA out of 2.0.34???????

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  rbb@covalent.net
645 Howard St.              rbb@apache.org
San Francisco, CA

RE: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.
I'll tag 2.0.35 as soon as Will commits his fix.  Then we can quickly
bump apache.org.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  rbb@covalent.net
645 Howard St.              rbb@apache.org
San Francisco, CA

(apache.org),

Re: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.

Re: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 09:15:28AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> I think 2.0.34 is good enough for a GA release.  There are two major
> bugs that must be fixed.
>
> 1)  error pages have wrong content-type.  Wrowe is working on a fix.
>
> 2)  autoindex problems.  I have fixed the showstopper on my system with
> a one-line patch.  I just need to fix the HEADER/README ordering
> problem.  Expect a commit within the hour to fix autoindex completely.
>
> What else would we need to do to get a GA out of 2.0.34???????

I've been comfortable with calling the feature set we have 2.0-gold for
awhile now, so for me it's just a matter of resolving any outstanding
bugs.

If I can get some time to test today I'd be in favor of pushing .34
for GA.

-aaron

Re: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 09:38:25AM -0800, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> > Agreed, 2.0.34 would need to become HEAD to make this happen.
>
> -1. .34 has changed too many times in the last week for me to keep
> track of it all. Tag HEAD .35 and I'll test that.

+1 to Aaron's suggestion

Re: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.

RE: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net>.

Re: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>.

Re: I WANT A GA release

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
> I think 2.0.34 is good enough for a GA release.  There are two major
> bugs that must be fixed.
>
> 1)  error pages have wrong content-type.  Wrowe is working on a fix.
>
> 2)  autoindex problems.  I have fixed the showstopper on my system with
> a one-line patch.  I just need to fix the HEADER/README ordering
> problem.  Expect a commit within the hour to fix autoindex completely.
>
> What else would we need to do to get a GA out of 2.0.34???????

At the RM's descrition, I would like for the 2_0_34 tag to be moved to HEAD on
mod_mem_cache and mod_disk_cache.  There are no changes that would impact the stability of
the server and we pick up a couple of bug fixes.

Bill