Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jean-Christophe Roux <jc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/13 03:10:05 UTC

[users@httpd] log file upload

Hello,

The users of my site can upload images using regular html forms. I would like to log the uploads so that I know such IP address at such time has uploaded such file. This is the last part that I am unable to do. Going through the docs on custom logs, I am not finding a solution. I could do that from my cgi program but I'd rather Apache to do it. I am running Apache 2.2 on Linux.
Thanks in advance

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: [users@httpd] log file upload

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 13/12/2007, Jean-Christophe Roux <jc...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The users of my site can upload images using regular html forms. I would
> like to log the uploads so that I know such IP address at such time has
> uploaded such file. This is the last part that I am unable to do. Going
> through the docs on custom logs, I am not finding a solution. I could do
> that from my cgi program but I'd rather Apache to do it. I am running Apache
> 2.2 on Linux.

Apache isn't able to do such logging as the filename is part of the
POST request entity and not a request header.

mod_security might help..

--
noodl