Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mjohnsonaz74 <mj...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/11 19:41:01 UTC

[M2] Weblogic War install question

Earlier I asked about using weblogic appc with Maven and I took the given
example and made it work (i think). Currently when I run 'mvn install' in my
war project, I see the appc portion doing it's work, but it never installs
the war file into my repository.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I
receive no errors or warnings.  The project runs and then finishes, but I
never see the install occuring, nor is there a new war file in my
repository.  I have posted my POM below. Can anyone offer a little guidance
as to what I could try.  I did try to explicitly call the install goal from
the Maven-install-plugin, but that didn't seem to have any effect either.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

--MJ
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>twtc</groupId>
  <artifactId>um-web</artifactId>
  <packaging>war</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>UM Web</name>
  <build>
      <finalName>um-web</finalName>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
          <artifactId>weblogic-maven-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.8.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      	<executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>appc</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
      	</executions>
        </plugin>
        <plugin>
	  <inherited>true</inherited>
	  <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
	    <executions>
	      <execution>
	        <phase>install</phase>
	        <goals>
	          <goal>install</goal>
	          </goals>
	      </execution>
	    </executions>
	 </plugin>
      </plugins>
  </build>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
      <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.4</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>twtc.common-external-lib</groupId>
      <artifactId>ldapjdk</artifactId>
      <version>1.4</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>twtc</groupId>
      <artifactId>mailhandler-app</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>twtc</groupId>
      <artifactId>um-app</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>weblogic</groupId>
      <artifactId>weblogic</artifactId>
      <version>8.1</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>
Output:
C:\dev\clean\um\um-web>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building UM Web
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [war:war]
[INFO] Exploding webapp...
[INFO] Copy webapp resources to C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web
[INFO] Assembling webapp um-web in C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web
[INFO] Generating war C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web.war
[INFO] Building war: C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web.war
[INFO] Preparing weblogic:appc
[WARNING] Removing: appc from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
invocation.
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] No tests to run.
[INFO] [war:war]
[INFO] Exploding webapp...
[INFO] Copy webapp resources to C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web
[INFO] Assembling webapp um-web in C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web
[INFO] Generating war C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web.war
[INFO] Building war: C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target\um-web.war
[INFO] [weblogic:appc {execution: default}]
[INFO] Weblogic APPC processing beginning for object
C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target/um-web.war
[INFO]  Detailed Appc settings information AppcMojo[basicClientJar = false
 classpath = null
 compiler = null
 debugging = false
 deprecation = false
 forceGeneration = false
 idl = false
 idlDirectory = null
 idlFactrories = false
 idlMethodSignatures = null
 idlNoAbstractInterfaces = true
 idlNoValueTypes = true
 idlOrbix = false
 idlOverwrite = false
 idlVerbose = false
 idlVisiBroker = false
 iiop = false
 iiopDirectory = null
 javaOptions = null
 keepGenerated = false
 lineNumbers = false
 nowarnings = true
 objectPath = C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target/um-web.war
 optimization = false
 outputFile = null
 verbose = false
 version = false]
[INFO]  Argument List for Appc settings [-nowarn,
C:\dev\clean\um\um-web\target/um-web.war]

C:\dev\clean\um\um-web>

Re: [M2] Weblogic War install question

Posted by mjohnsonaz74 <mj...@hotmail.com>.
I'll post a question on the MOJO plugin website and if I get a resolution
from them I'll post it here.

--MJ

Re: [M2] Weblogic War install question

Posted by Konstantin Polyzois <po...@gmail.com>.
If you just comment out the maven install part? Never seen that before...

/Konstantin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mjohnsonaz74 <mj...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@leemeador.com>.
I have an ant task (antrun plugin) attached to the package phase on my EAR
and mvn install builds the ear, runs the special processing and then puts it
in my local repository.

I didn't have to do any configuration, as you did, on the install plugin.
Otherwise my pom looks much like yours other than it being an ear instead of
a war and using antrun instead of weblogic plugins.

I have no need to do this with my wars.

Thanks.

-- Lee

On 4/11/06, mjohnsonaz74 <mj...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Wayne Fay wrote:
> >
> > Just to be clear, "mvn install" simply copies your package into your
> > local M2 repository.
> >
> > It looks like you've attached the appc goal to the package phase. I
> > don't use this plugin so I don't know if this is right.
> >
> > Wayne
> >

> Yes, I want to install it into my local repository.  My ultimate goal is
> build an ear file, but that POM can't find my war file in the local
> repository.  So, I'm trying to find out what I'm doing wrong and why my
> war
> won't install locally.  The plugin specifies the package phase since I
> want
> to run appc on the war every time its packaged or more.
>
> --MJ

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com

Re: [M2] Weblogic War install question