Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by James Poli <Ja...@sas.com> on 2007/09/24 17:08:48 UTC

Command line fails Ivy 1.4.1

Hello,

We're trying to run command line ivy and are getting an exception (see
below).  It appears that the publication date is never set.   Do you
have an example of how to run command line ivy?  Is this fixed in the
alpha?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException: null
publication date not allowed
        at
fr.jayasoft.ivy.DefaultModuleDescriptor.setResolvedPublicationDate(Defau
ltModuleDescriptor.java:206)
        at fr.jayasoft.ivy.Ivy.deliver(Ivy.java:2199)
        at fr.jayasoft.ivy.Ivy.deliver(Ivy.java:2153)
        at fr.jayasoft.ivy.Main.main(Main.java:291)

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Re: Command line fails Ivy 1.4.1

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 9/24/07, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 9/24/07, Jim Adams <Ji...@sas.com> wrote:
> >
> > Just a note, the ImageResolver jar contains a local ImageResolver
> > extension. The ivyconf.xml file specifies its use. It occurs to me that
> > the ivyconf.xml file that is in use locally contains property
> > substitutions that get handl;ed by Ant. Is that not allowed in the CLI
> > version?
>

> The CLI version cannot rely on Ant, but Ivy features property substitution
> on its own, you only need to load the properties in your ivysettings (the
> syntax is the same as in Ant, Ivy accepts both properties files and inline
> property definition.
>
> For the ImageResolver.jar, you should better use Ivy classloading
> mechanism, then you wouldn't have to add it yourself to the classpath (which
> can be really cumbersome if you IvyDE for instance).
>
> But this does not explain the reason of the NPE... After some
> investigation, it seems this is a bug in Ivy: the command line version
> publishing feature is broken. Could you open an issue in JIRA with that?

BTW, the 2.0 alpha 2 version should fix this problem. Could you give it a
try and tell us if it works (note that some command line arguments have
changed in 2.x). Thanks.

Xavier

Xavier

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.