Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by dclane <dc...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/26 23:02:19 UTC

WS-Security - How do I create a client?

How should I go about creating a simple client to test my WS-Security
service?  Are there any particular resources I should look at?

I've been following tutorials on setting up a simple WS-Security interceptor
for a service (using a UsernameToken).  I've mainly looked at these two:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-security.html Apache CXF User's Guide -
WS-Security
http://depressedprogrammer.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/cxf-ws-security-using-jsr-181-interceptor-annotations-xfire-migration/
CXF WS-Security using JSR 181 + Interceptor Annotations (XFire Migration)

The instructions for creating a client are confusing, however.  Do I have to
make an OutInterceptor if I'm just passing a username and password (i.e., no
signature keys)?  What needs to be added to my java2ws-generated client
class, if anything?  Should the client class be invoked as a bean under a
jaxws server, or can it be invoked under a jaxrs server?  Am I going about
this entirely wrong?

Thank you!

Re: WS-Security - How do I create a client?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
UsernameToken: http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/using_cxf_and_wss4j_to
X.509 Token profile:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/implementing_ws_security_with_the