Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Kostas Tzoumas <ko...@tu-berlin.de> on 2014/07/02 19:10:01 UTC

Some notes from the first Flink Hangout

Hi everyone,

I tried to record the first hangout on youtube but we had several problems
with sound and video. Below are some rough notes.

If you participated in the meeting, please feel free to add notes

Kostas

Website:
--------

- Documentation contains lots of broken links

- Frontpage - remove Metor, color-coding of the stack, and features
  (do not include features)

Streaming:
----------

- Low-latency streaming functionality and API

- Move to the main repository
  - Down the road be able to mix APIs
  - Dependencies on current runtime refactoring

- Add committers

Intermediate datasets:
----------------------

- Switch to more pull-based mode with intermediate datasets as
  first-class citizens

- Currently working on how to support pipelined channels with that

Tez:
----

- Replace code paths of Flink with Tez

- Open questions related to incremental rollout and streaming

Hadoop Compatibility:
---------------------

- Report on progress by Artem

Renaming:
---------

- Possibility to start renaming of packages without legal approval

- Will rename some parts of Java API

Re: Some notes from the first Flink Hangout

Posted by Kostas Tzoumas <ko...@tu-berlin.de>.
Hiya folks,

Join here: https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gxnzzp2egkjxq7swbyah5hjyema

Kostas