Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Schneider Christian <Ch...@enbw.com> on 2009/12/18 16:24:21 UTC

Kind of Grid schedule. Is this possible with Camel?

Hi all,

I have a system that offer several soap/jms services each on it´s own queue.
For load balancing and fault tolerance the work should be done by several
engines. Each engine can process all service requests but only one request
at a time. The load should be balanced so that no engine is idle for too
long. The requests should be processed roughly in the sequence of arrival.

Do you have any ideas how to do this with camel?

I thought about routing all requests into one queue and then let all engines
listen on this queue. But this means that several cxf services have to
listen on one queue. Is it possible to use a content based router for this?
I guess the SOAPAction could be used to route the requests.

Does this make sense?

Greetings

Christian

Christian Schneider
Team Handel und Risikomanagement
Informationsverarbeitung Business Solutions Trading
EnBW Systeme Infrastruktur Support GmbH

Informationsverarbeitung
Business Solutions
Handel und Dispatching
Durlacher Allee 93
76131 Karlsruhe

Tel : +49-(0)721-63-15482
Mail: christian.schneider@enbw.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mannheim   HRB 108550
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Bernhard Beck
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Adenau, Dr. Peter Krampf

Re: Kind of Grid schedule. Is this possible with Camel?

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian,

I'm currently working on something similar where I loadbalance REST request
to several jetty/http endpoints, each of them will consume the message (=
REST request) and produce a message which is placed in a queue. A header is
added to the message concerning the operation to do on the message. These
messages are placed in a queue. Several camel routes consume these messages
and connect to the backend.

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
A message queue is a reliable load balancer; so using a single queue
with multiple competing consumers sounds good to me.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration