Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2008/06/19 17:25:29 UTC

uima-as testing - testCancelProcessAggregateWithRemoteMultiplier failed once, but isn't reproducable

When running TestUimaAsExtended junit test, the
testCancelProcessAggregateWithRemoteMultiplier failed.  But when
rerunning, it ran OK.  The failure was a resource initialization exception.

Anyone else see this intermittant failure?

-Marshall

Re: uima-as testing - testCancelProcessAggregateWithRemoteMultiplier failed once, but isn't reproducable

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Eddie Epstein wrote:
> Well, the problem was nothing to do with base UIMA, rather it was due to me
> running "mvn package" instead of "mvn install". Not sure if this is an issue
> or not, but certainly not a blocking issue for release.

"mvn package" stops before installing the package into the local
repository.  "mvn install" does everything that maven package does, and
then installs into the local repo.  The current build process depends on
having things there.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Well, the problem was nothing to do with base UIMA, rather it was due to me
running "mvn package" instead of "mvn install". Not sure if this is an issue
or not, but certainly not a blocking issue for release.

Eddie

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.

Did you (1) first download the uima-2.2.2 (base) src distr and run mvn
> install on uimaj?

Um, nope :)

Thanks,
Eddie

Re: uima-as testing - testCancelProcessAggregateWithRemoteMultiplier failed once, but isn't reproducable

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Eddie Epstein wrote:
> Using the rc08 source package on a fresh [Linux] machine, the extended tests
> ran with no problem. (We need to add the eclipse run configuration for this
> test in the source :)
>
> There was a build problem with maven resolving 2 artifacts:
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) org.apache.uima:uimaj-distr:jar:2.2.2-incubating
>         2) org.apache.uima:uimaj-ep-pear-packager:jar:2.2.2.incubating
>
> Any idea why?

Did you (1) first download the uima-2.2.2 (base) src distr and run mvn
install on uimaj?

The uimaj-distr jar is an "empty" jar built as a side effect of running
assembly:assembly.  What part of the process is needed it?

-Marshall

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.