Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by um...@comcast.net on 2007/02/19 02:36:40 UTC

Problem with starting activemq with network brokers

I am starting my standalone broker as follows by specifying  network brokers as follows:

   C:\activemq>bin\activemq broker:tcp://localhost:61616,network:static:tcp://remoteHost:61616

I have two questions:
1) Am I right in assuming that in this configuration, the messages published on topics/queues of
the local broker will get forwarded to the remote broker also? Such that the subscribers on both
local and remote hosts will receive the messages?

2) My attempt to start activemq as above yields the following exception, indicating that
network brokers could not be started. How could I fix this problem?

ERROR: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Could load network factory:java
.io.IOException: Could not find factory class for resource: META-INF/services/or
g/apache/activemq/broker/network
java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Could load network factory:java.io.IOE
xception: Could not find factory class for resource: META-INF/services/org/apach
e/activemq/broker/network
        at org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand
.java:71)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractC
ommand.java:50)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand
.java:65)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractC
ommand.java:50)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.ja
va:46)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:159)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:91)

Any assistance hreatly appreciated.

Regards,

/U