Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Greg Holmberg <ho...@comcast.net> on 2011/03/02 09:20:21 UTC

JCasGen and Maven

Hi UIMA users--

Does anyone know how to get maven to run jcasgen as part of a build?

Rather than check-in the generated .java files, I would rather only check in the TypeSystem.xml and generate the .java files when necessary.

I suppose that the .java files should then go in target/generated-sources and not in src.

I searched the documentation (tools.pdf: Chapter 7: JCasGen User's Guide) and UIMA issues in Apache Jira, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.  For example, a maven plug-in for running JCasGen.

Perhaps it can be done without a plug-in?  Just some sort of configuration in the pom.xml?

Thanks,

Greg Holmberg

Re: JCasGen and Maven

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Hi Greg,

uimaFIT does that:

http://code.google.com/p/uimafit/source/browse/trunk/uimaFIT/pom.xml

Cheers,

Richard

Am 02.03.2011 um 09:20 schrieb Greg Holmberg:

> Hi UIMA users--
>

> Does anyone know how to get maven to run jcasgen as part of a build?
>
> Rather than check-in the generated .java files, I would rather only check in the TypeSystem.xml and generate the .java files when necessary.
>
> I suppose that the .java files should then go in target/generated-sources and not in src.
>
> I searched the documentation (tools.pdf: Chapter 7: JCasGen User's Guide) and UIMA issues in Apache Jira, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.  For example, a maven plug-in for running JCasGen.
>
> Perhaps it can be done without a plug-in?  Just some sort of configuration in the pom.xml?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Greg Holmberg

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
phone +49 (6151) 16-7477, fax -5455, room S2/02/E225
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: JCasGen and Maven

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,
I remember that being done with the maven-exec-plugin, you may have a look
at [1]
Hope this helps,
Tommaso

[1] : http://markmail.org/thread/wc6riilnheh7v2cy