Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dhanashri Desai <dh...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/08 09:39:52 UTC

How to display all Hadoop failed jobs logs files directly on console

Everytime when I run a job on hadoop cluster, I have to see failed job log
files on cluster by putting command like: hdfs dfs -cat
/var/log/hadoop-yarn/apps/hduser/logs/application_1434970319691_0135/UbuntuD7.abc.net_42182.
Is there any way to make all hadoop failed job log messages files to print
directly on console as soon as job fails??

Thanks,
Dhanashri

Re: How to display all Hadoop failed jobs logs files directly on console

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
yarn logs -applicationId application_1434970319691_0135 should do the
trick. Note that you have to enable log aggregation in yarn to make that
work.

- André

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: How to display all Hadoop failed jobs logs files directly on console

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: How to display all Hadoop failed jobs logs files directly on console

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: How to display all Hadoop failed jobs logs files directly on console

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com