Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cox, Charlie" <cc...@cincom.com> on 2001/08/01 19:42:49 UTC

Internal error thrown by tomcat

I am running TC 3.2.1 w/IIS5 on Win2k SP2

I have a request that causes tomcat to throw the following error:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: 3569
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java, Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.MessageString.toInteger(MessageString.java:139)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.MimeHeaderField.getIntValue(MimeHeaderField.java:290)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.MimeHeaders.getIntHeader(MimeHeaders.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp1
2ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
	at
(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java,
Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Being that this is in the request's header(looking at the stack trace
above), I think this is a n attack aimed at my IIS server(.htr request
w/malformed header). But something is causing IIS to spin its wheels at 100%
cpu and I'm not sure if it is this error, or the next request coming in.

I am sending all requests to tomcat in my uriworkers.properties:
/* = ajp12

Is it possible for the isapi filter to be the part of IIS in la-la land, or
is IIS still processing the malformed request(it shouldn't right?) after
tomcat(I'm assuming) sends it a 500 error.

Also in my stderr log file, the JVM has done a thread dump. How is this
possible when Tomcat is a service(I cannot send a control-c to its window)?

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Charlie