Posted to user@ratis.apache.org by Asad Awadia <as...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/18 18:09:53 UTC

Raft log storage

How is the raft log persisted? I thought it was Rocksdb but I don't see
that being used anywhere? Is it using regular files and managing
storage/persistence itself?

I am reading the SimpleStorageMachine and SegmentedRaftLog code.

Re: Raft log storage

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
RaftLog is pluggable so that applications may plug in their own
implementation to fulfill their specific requirements.  The default
implementation is SegmentedRaftLog which writes the log into segments of
continuous log files.

RaftLog is only a single stream of (log) data so that Rocksdb (a key-value
store) probably won't help much.

Tsz-Wo