Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Anderson, M. Paul" <Pa...@jhuapl.edu> on 2005/03/04 14:01:57 UTC

Tomcat at Standalone

This question must have been asked a million times but I can't seem to
find any information on it - any advice would be appreciated.

I need to stand up a web site that will only serve jsp and servlets.  I
suspect the number of concurrent users will be no more than 10, but it
could possibly grow in the future.

Here are my questions:

What is industry best practice for setting up a jsp/servlet site that
will not require any static HTML pages?

Can Tomcat be reliably used as standalone for this purpose?

Is this the "normal" configuration for this type of site?

Are there known security issues with using Tomcat in standalone?

The "other" piece would be Apache, if it is standard practice to use it
even if you don't need to serve HTML pages.  Also, I will be doing all
of my own authentication into the site so no security features of Apache
or Tomcat will be required.

Thanks a lot for any advice or pointers!

Paul