Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com> on 2021/08/05 06:24:01 UTC

Auto Popup Completion Window

Using Netbeans 12.4 on Windows 10.

I do not want the Auto Popup Completion Window to pop up in HTML and
PHP. Other file types OK.

I have checked the Auto Popup for All Languages and unchecked it for
HTML and PHP.  This seems to have no effect on HTML.  If I type ul, I
get a pop up with 6 variations of ULCER.  If I type an a,the window pops
up.  How can I not get the popup window in HTML?

Re: Auto Popup Completion Window

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Excellent.

Gj

Posted by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com>.
Gj

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 at 23:46, Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to download the fix or do I  wait for the 12.5 release?

This should hopefully be fixed with 12.5-beta2 as announced at
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/re06f0514f9e81921b6f5c961358c40ca0b7a0d1bdf3d9e4416aecbe1%40%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E

Testing it would be appreciated.  The full release should be available
within a couple of weeks.

Thanks and best wishes,

Neil

Re: Auto Popup Completion Window

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
There’ll be a 12.5 release candidate to try in the next few days, watch
this space.

 Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 6 Aug 2021 at 00:18, Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised that you can't reproduce the problem.  I didn't do anything special.  Just opened an HTML files and typed an a.

I can't replicate within an .html file either.  However, I certainly
can within the HTML sections in a .php file.  And I can understand why
it's annoying.

Is there anything specific about the .html file that triggers this?
Project type?

Are you able to try from a clean install / clean userdir?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Auto Popup Completion Window

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
"that's where the money is for Apache"

I really wonder what that means. :-)

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.
Geertjan,

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.

Posted by Tom Rushworth <tj...@twc.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
A few weeks back John (CCed) started another similar thread.