Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sh...@Concentra.com on 2002/09/05 17:54:40 UTC

JSP Include Problem

Hi,

I am having trouble including JSP's from other JSP's.

I am using
Cocoon 2.0.2
Tomcat 4.0.2
Windows 2000

My sitemap has the following

   <map:generators default="file">
      <map:generator name="file" src
="org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator"/>
      <map:generator name="xsp" src
="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>
      <map:generator name="jsp" src
="org.apache.cocoon.generation.JspGenerator" label="content,data"/>
   </map:generators>

   <map:readers default="resource">
      <map:reader name="resource" src
="org.apache.cocoon.reading.ResourceReader"/>
      <map:reader name="jsp" src="org.apache.cocoon.reading.JSPReader"/>
   </map:readers>

   <map:match pattern="HeaderIncludeGeneral.jsp">
      <map:read src="common/HeaderIncludeGeneral.jsp" mime-type
="text/html"/>
      <map:generate src="common/HeaderIncludeGeneral.jsp" type="jsp"/>
      <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

   <map:match pattern="*.jsp">
      <map:read src="myapp/{1}.jsp" mime-type="text/html"/>
      <map:generate src="myapp/{1}.jsp" type="jsp"/>
      <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

I am including the "HeaderIncludeGeneral.jsp" in several other JSP's.

The statement in one of the other files reads

   <%@ include file="common/HeaderIncludeGeneral.jsp" %>

where common is a sub-directory of the "main" jsp directory.  I've altered
the directory structure so that it is a subdirectory of the application
("myapp") directory.  I've also tried to put the HeaderIncludeGeneral.jsp
in the "main" jsp directory.

I have no serializer for JSP.  Do I need one for included JSP's.

I have also tried

   <%@ jsp:include page="common/HeaderIncludeGeneral.jsp" flush="true" %>

but that did not work either.

The sitemap.log shows the error:

ERROR   (2002-09-05) 10:42.34:121   [sitemap](/cpp/main.css)
HttpProcessor[8080][4]/PipelineNode: Error while processing pipeline at
file:/D:/tomcat/webapps/cpp/sitemap.xmap:63:23
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
error
      at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.processReader(CachingStreamPipeline.java:268)

The log also seems to show that the JSP was processing normally until it
reached the "include file".

The error.log echos this.

Any suggestions and code samples are welcome.

Shawn

                    ****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
THIS E-MAIL, INCLUDING ANY ATTACHED FILES, MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVILEGED INFORMATION FOR THE SOLE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S).  ANY
REVIEW, USE, DISTRIBUTION, OR DISCLOSURE BY OTHERS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT (OR AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE INFORMATION
FOR THE RECIPIENT), PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE
ALL COPIES OF THIS MESSAGE.  THANK YOU.