Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mike OK <mi...@acorg.com> on 2011/08/23 23:23:03 UTC

Segment Fault when creating a thread

I must have a problem with my mod_perl set up.  When I try to run this script, I get a "child pid 451 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)".  It seems that creating the thread causes the error. This is the startup line from the log file with the apache, mod_perl, and perl versions.

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.5 configured -- resuming normal operations

The script that causes a failure is

#!/usr/bin/perl -wT

use strict;
use threads;
use threads::shared;

my $temp = threads->new(\&foo,"mike");
exit;

sub foo {
   my $input = shift;
   my $number = int(rand(10));
   print "this went in the thread\n";
   return($number);
}

Re: Segment Fault when creating a thread

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
I'm not that knowledgeable on threads, but this guy managed to get the
working with mpm_worker a month or so ago:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/103420

That is still a rather old version of Perl, so I would suggest trying
5.10 or something newer.

Posted by Mike OK <mi...@acorg.com>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.