Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2018/02/08 08:29:18 UTC

Seed Data

Hi we are trying to delete all transactional data, inventory data, and
other items only leaving parties and financial set up data.  Is there
any issue in writing a script to delete all data?  Should we be
concerned with breaking any dependencies?  Any best practices for doing
this?

Thanks,

James

Re: Seed Data

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 09/02/2018 à 02:18, Mike a écrit :
> Best practices was to create all your seed data in hot-deploy and load
> custom data using ONLY xml seed data.
Almost, better to have this data differentiated from seed as "ext" data. See entity-data-reader in framework/entity/config/entityengine.xml

HTH

Jacques

Re: Seed Data

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
It can be done, and it'll be real tricky.

Best practices was to create all your seed data in hot-deploy and load
custom data using ONLY xml seed data.  If you needed to edit (i.e. via the
GUI), track down the change you made and  edit an existing xml file (or
create a new one) in hot-deploy that matches the edit.  There are enough
examples in demo to load any sort of data you need.

If you have been making dozens of config changes via the GUI and NOW you
want to start with empty accounting, then you might be in for a LOT of
work.  It IS possible, but you'll be spending countless hours tracing down
the dependencies.  You can try to delete a record via SQL using recursive
or cascade options, but it may end up deleting data you want/need.  Make a
backup.