Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Papadopoulos, Konstantinos" <Ko...@IRIworldwide.com> on 2019/05/28 14:25:15 UTC

Flink SQL: Execute DELETE queries

Hi all,

I experiment on Flink Table API & SQL and I have the following question; is there any way to execute DELETE queries using Flink SQL?

Thanks in advance,
Konstantinos

Re: Flink SQL: Execute DELETE queries

Posted by JingsongLee <lz...@aliyun.com>.
Hi @Papadopoulos, Konstantinos
I think you can try something like this:
JDBCAppendTableSink sink = JDBCAppendTableSink.builder()
   .setDrivername("foo")
   .setDBUrl("bar")
   .setQuery("delete from %s where id = ?)")
   .setParameterTypes(FIELD_TYPES)
   .build();
Or you can build your own Sink code, where you can delete rows of DB table.

Best, JingsongLee

From:Papadopoulos, Konstantinos <Ko...@IRIworldwide.com>
Send Time:2019年5月28日(星期二) 22:54
To:Vasyl Bervetskyi <vb...@softserveinc.com>
Cc:user@flink.apache.org <us...@flink.apache.org>
Subject:RE: Flink SQL: Execute DELETE queries

The case I have in mind was to have an external JDBC table sink and try to delete a number of or all rows of the target DB table. Is it possible using Flink SQL?

Unfortunately no, there is no DELETE or MODIFY queries, you should create new table as a result of query which will filter records from existing one

Posted by "Papadopoulos, Konstantinos" <Ko...@IRIworldwide.com>.

Posted by Vasyl Bervetskyi <vb...@softserveinc.com>.
Hi Papadopoulos,