Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com> on 2012/09/18 21:40:54 UTC

TS-1307 - Enhancing HostDB for IPv6

There seems to be a lot of pressure on updating HostDB and how DNS is handled so I want to go ahead and push this out to trunk. Please review and let me know if think there are structural problems with this patch. The essence is to support origin servers that have both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and secondarily to give finer grained control to users over how host names are resolved with respect to address families.