Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Anthony Perritano <ap...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/09 22:43:01 UTC

simplest portlet

Hi,
I created the simplest porlet from the guide:
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-simple-portlet.html

it works great. but i modified it to include a jsp and want to test
to see if i can get access to the user info from it,  so in a jsp
page i have the following:

       	<th colspan="2" align="center"></th>

       <c-rt:forEach var="userAttr" items="<%=
renderRequest.getAttribute(PortletRequest.USER_INFO)%>">
	  </c-rt:forEach>

that i nabbed from the userinfo.jsp that comes with jetspeed.

then i log into the admin account and went to simplest.psml created
from this psml:

<page>
   <defaults
      skin="orange"
      layout-decorator="tigris"
      portlet-decorator="tigris"
   />
   <title>The simplest portlet in the world</title>
   <metadata name="title" xml:lang="fr">La plus simple portlet du
monde</metadata>

   <fragment id="Simplest" type="layout" name="jetspeed-
layouts::VelocityTwoColumns">
     <fragment id="Simplest-1" type="portlet" name="Simplest::Simplest">
       <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row" value="0" />
       <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column" value="0" />
     </fragment>
   </fragment>

   <security-constraints>
     <security-constraints-ref>public-view</security-constraints-ref>
   </security-constraints>
</page>

the user attributes table that i want to display comes up empty.
however, on the default tab in the space the User Info Portlet shows
all the user info.

is there some state that my portlet has to be in to get access to the
user info??

thanks
Anthony

Re: simplest portlet

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
You have to define them in your portlet.xml so they are available in your
app.  See:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-user-attributes.html