Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2017/04/10 22:30:16 UTC

Re: Pony mail usage

Looping in dev@ponymail...

tl;dr is there a way to use ponymail from within the whimsy secmail application? I'd like to search private mail when processing iclas for new committers.

Craig

Re: Pony mail usage

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13 April 2017 at 16:51, Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
>> On Apr 13, 2017, at 4:41 AM, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Since manual searches update the browser URL, it should be easy enough
>>> to perform some sample searches and record the URLs which can be
>>> updated for different searches.
>
> I did not find this to be the case. The url doesn't update for me except when changing the list, e.g. https://lists.apache.org/list.html?members@apache.org
>
> When I then select Advanced, and enter data in the form fields, and do the search, the url does not change.

Looks like this only works for the simple search.
 [Need to raise a bug for it.]

But  a combination of that plus experimentation and the API docs might
be suffficient.

Re: Pony mail usage

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pony mail usage

Posted by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Re: Pony mail usage

Posted by Craig Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
I tried to get some messages containing [RESULT] in the subject and tried:

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?private@hadoop.apache.org&s=2016-01&e=2017-03&header_subject=%5bRESULT%5d&q=Seethana

The url percent escape for [ is %5b and for ] is %5d.

How do I get more "quick" terms? I'd like to search for any of the names in the Full Name or Public Name.

How do I get private@*.apache.org (all lists option) in the url?

This looks promising!

Craig

Re: Pony mail usage