Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Nigel Magnay <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/21 13:13:36 UTC

maven-metadata.xml, snapshot deployment and timestamps

Hi there.

When deploying snapshot versions to a repository, I'll get a snapshot
version and a timestamped version put into that repository, along with the
associated update to maven-metadata.xml :

This is of the form thingy-1.0-20081021.000225-22.jar
I.E
thingy-{version}-{datestamp}-{buildnumber}.jar

I would like to modify this. Instead, I would like instead to deploy
snapshots with

thingy-{version}-{myIdentifier}.jar

where myIdentifier is calculated and returned as a sha1 ID.

Presumably I could adjust the deployment plugin to acheive this? My
questions are
 - what ought maven-metadata.xml be updated to ? I've seen docs that imply I
might be able to use
<versioning>
<snapshot>thingy-{version}-{myIdentifier}</snapshot>
<lastUpdated>20081021000226</lastUpdated>
</versioning>

- would this cause other things to break that I haven't considered (e.g.
indexing in nexus) ?