Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rob <bu...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/17 06:38:10 UTC

[users@httpd] 403 Errors and Virtual Hosts

Hi there,

Just wondering if some one could give me a hand with my Virtual Host

# mysite
<VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:80 <http://0.0.0.0/>>
ServerName mysite.co.nz
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)         http://www.mysite.co.nz/$1 [NE,R]
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:80 <http://0.0.0.0/>>
    ServerAdmin myemail@mysite.co.nz
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/mysite
    ServerName www.mysite.co.nz
    ErrorDocument 403 /var/www/html/mysite403/index.html
</VirtualHost>

Thats what my current virtual host looks like. Im trying to get my 403
errors for a certain website to display that index file. Its not working
this way, can some one please advise where i have gone wrong ?

cheers

Re: [users@httpd] 403 Errors and Virtual Hosts

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 7/17/08, Rob <bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if some one could give me a hand with my Virtual Host
> # mysite
> <VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:80>
> ServerName mysite.co.nz
>  RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)         http://www.mysite.co.nz/$1 [NE,R]
>  </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 0.0.0.0:80>
>     ServerAdmin myemail@mysite.co.nz
>     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/mysite
>      ServerName www.mysite.co.nz
>      ErrorDocument 403 /var/www/html/mysite403/index.html
> </VirtualHost>
> Thats what my current virtual host looks like. Im trying to get my 403
> errors for a certain website to display that index file. Its not working
> this way, can some one please advise where i have gone wrong ?

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#errordocument

The second ErrorDocument parameter is either a message or a page found
like a URL redirect.  Do you have a webpage at this location?
   http://mysite.co.nz/var/www/html/mysite403/index.html
My guess is you configured an absolute filepath and Apache httpd is
handling the value as a relative URL.

solprovider