Posted to announce@apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <da...@apache.org> on 2014/06/21 15:36:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Wicket 7.0.0-M2 released

We have released the second in a series of milestone releases for
Apache Wicket 7. We aim to finalise Wicket 7 over the coming months
and request your help in testing the new major version.

Caveats

It is still a development version so expect API breaks to happen over
the course of the coming milestone releases.

Semantic versioning

As we adopted semver Wicket 7 will be the first release since 6.0
where we are able to refactor the API. We will continue to use semver
when we have made Wicket 7 final and maintain api compatibility
between minor versions of Wicket 7.

Requirements

Wicket 7 requires the following:
 - Java 7
 - Servlet 3 compatible container

You can't mix wicket libraries from prior Wicket versions with Wicket 7.

Migration guide

As usual we have a migration guide available online for people
migrating their applications to Wicket 7. We will continue to update
the guide as development progresses. If you find something that is not
in the guide, please update the guide, or let us know so we can update
the guide.

You can find the guide here:  http://s.apache.org/wicket7migrate

Using this release

This is pre-release software: use at your own peril!

With Apache Maven update your dependency to (and don't forget to
update any other dependencies on Wicket projects to the same version):

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
    <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId>
    <version>7.0.0-M2</version>
</dependency>

Or download and build the distribution yourself, or use our
convenience binary package

 * Source: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/7.0.0-M2
 * Binary: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/7.0.0-M2/binaries

Have fun and let us know what you think!

The signatures for the source release artefacts:

apache-wicket-7.0.0-M2.tar.gz

apache-wicket-7.0.0-M2.zip

Release Notes - Wicket - Version 7.0.0-M2

** Bug

    * [WICKET-4545] - MarkupNotFoundException for Fragment and
TransparentWebMarkupContainer
    * [WICKET-5241] - RequestLogger's server duration does not include
'detach duration'
    * [WICKET-5560] - A 404 error occurs when using a CryptoMapper
    * [WICKET-5569] - Unable to find markup for children of deeply
nested IComponentResolvers during Ajax response
    * [WICKET-5573] - FilterToolbar generics broken
    * [WICKET-5579] - wicket:enclosure on wicket:extend - Detach
called on component with id '0' while it had a non-empty queue
    * [WICKET-5581] - CachingResourceStreamLocator is not extension-aware
    * [WICKET-5582] - ServletWebResponse#encodeUrl() makes absolute
Urls relative
    * [WICKET-5589] - Upgrade wicket-atmosphere to the latest version
of atmosphere
    * [WICKET-5591] - Missing translation for HoursValidator.range (in
DateTimeField)
    * [WICKET-5592] - Add a method to clear the cache of
CachingResourceStreamLocator
    * [WICKET-5593] - AjaxFormValidatingBehavior attempts to update
non-visible feedback panels
    * [WICKET-5595] - Atmosphere: updates infinitly with long polling transport
    * [WICKET-5596] -
DropDownChoice#wantsOnSelectionChangedNotifications(T) not being
called on unmounted page
    * [WICKET-5597] - button behaviour changed
    * [WICKET-5598] - AjaxFallbackButton does not call #onError(ART,
Form) when JavaScript disabled

** Improvement

    * [WICKET-5574] - ComponentRenderer should use
Application#createRequestCycle
    * [WICKET-5575] - Add support in
FormTester#submit(String|Component) for Ajax submitters
    * [WICKET-5577] - Generation of wicket ids with prefix / suffix
    * [WICKET-5580] - Allow markup to find child fragments when
wicket:child is inside a component tag
    * [WICKET-5585] - Wicket Extension Automplete does not work well
with JavaScriptFilteredIntoFooterHeaderResponse
    * [WICKET-5586] - NextButton isEnabled() should bo logical
conjunction of getWizardModel().isNextAvailable() and
super.isEnabled()
    * [WICKET-5594] - AjaxButton #onSubmit() #onError() intricacies
    * [WICKET-5600] - Introduce CharSequenceResource similar to
ByteArrayResource
    * [WICKET-5606] - SelectOptions with #setRecreateChoices(true)
loses selection on form errors

** New Feature

    * [WICKET-5590] - Add a method to clear the cache of CachingResourceVersion

** Task

    * [WICKET-5172] - Add entry for Wicket 7 Javadocs in the website
    * [WICKET-5587] - Upgrade JQuery to latest releases - 1.11.1 & 2.1.1

** Wish

    * [WICKET-5340] - CssAttributeModifier and StyleAttributeModifier