Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chandan Tamrakar <ch...@ccnep.com.np> on 2007/05/03 09:46:09 UTC

drawback addindexes method

I found that IndexWriter.addIndexes(Directory[]) always calls optimize
method twice
I am indexing a documents in batches , i.e I call this method when X no. of
documents are buffered in RAM
Using RAMDirectory . So as the index size grows , optimize method will only
increase by indexing time

Can these lines be commented out and call the optimize method only at the
end of indexing process?

Your thoughts please

Thanks
Chandan

RE: drawback addindexes method

Posted by Steven Parkes <st...@esseff.org>.
See IndexWriter#addIndexesNoOptimize, released with 2.1. Note that it
doesn't optimize before or after, so if you want an optimize at the end,
you need to ask for it manually.