Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by 刘 嘉鹏 <Ev...@outlook.com> on 2021/02/20 15:17:38 UTC

[Request for Action] Please testing the latest master for the 0.1.0 Skywalking Satellite release

Hi Dev team:

I think we are closing the 0.1.0 release of Satellite, and we should be ready to test it.
There are some core features[1] in 0.1.0 milestone[2].  But for the 0.1.0 millstone, we don’t have e2e tests for auto testing. We should do some manual test for check these plugins.

Thank you all, let’s make the 0.1.0 ready this or next week.

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking-satellite/blob/main/CHANGES.md
[2] https://github.com/apache/skywalking-satellite/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A0.1.0

Jiapeng.Liu

Re: [Request for Action] Please testing the latest master for the 0.1.0 Skywalking Satellite release

Posted by wei jin <kv...@apache.org>.
Hi all

I’ve tested the following:

- http receiver server & native log plugin.
- Build docker image  on Mac OS.

kezhenxu94@apache <ke...@apache.org> 于2021年2月21日周日 下午4:52写道:

Posted by "kezhenxu94@apache" <ke...@apache.org>.
Hi all.

I’ve tested the following:

- Build docker image from source.
- Self observability (Prometheus plugin) on local machine and Docker container built from ^^^

> On Feb 20, 2021, at 23:17, 刘 嘉鹏 <Ev...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dev team:
>
> I think we are closing the 0.1.0 release of Satellite, and we should be ready to test it.
> There are some core features[1] in 0.1.0 milestone[2].  But for the 0.1.0 millstone, we don’t have e2e tests for auto testing. We should do some manual test for check these plugins.
>
> Thank you all, let’s make the 0.1.0 ready this or next week.
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking-satellite/blob/main/CHANGES.md
> [2] https://github.com/apache/skywalking-satellite/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A0.1.0
>
> Jiapeng.Liu

—————————
Zhenxu Ke (柯振旭)
GitHub @kezhenxu94

Re: [Request for Action] Please testing the latest master for the 0.1.0 Skywalking Satellite release

Posted by 刘 嘉鹏 <Ev...@outlook.com>.
Hi,all:

The following plugins have already been tested, no  found abnormal situation.

  *   prometheus self telemetry
  *   kafka client plugin
  *   none-fallbacker plugin
  *   timer-fallbacker plugin
  *   nativelog-kafka-forwarder plugin
  *   memory-queue plugin
  *   mmap-queue plugin
  *   grpc-nativelog-receiver plugin
  *   grpc-server plugin
  *   prometheus-server plugin

env:

  *   machine: Mac.
  *   kafka: local kafka in Mac.
  *   data generator: grpc log appender in skywalking 8.4.0.

Jiapeng.Liu