Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Arik Levin ( Tikal )" <ar...@businesslayers.co.il> on 2003/02/20 13:01:25 UTC

commons-validator too strict ?

	Hi all.

	I'm using struts 1.1b3 with Validator as plug-in.

	The thing is that I have dynamic data which I get from the DB, so to
build static validation.xml is not an option for me. My solution was 	to
use commons-validator API to maintain the ValidatorResources.
	What I don't get is why the API is so strict about it. The commons-
validator API is all about addFoo/putFoo or getFoo.
	Why it's not open to setFoo like setFormset, or gives an access to
the hFormSets...?
	I need to be able to fully maintain the resources.

	If I'm wrong about the model concept please enlighten me.
	I have already extended the struts FormTag and written custom tag
which add to the ValidatorResources the fields dynamically. But I
don't have full access to the ValidatorResources. I'm planning to
extend the API.
	I just wanted to know if there's other way to solve my problem.

	Best Regards
	Arik.