Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu> on 2009/08/01 01:07:01 UTC

Re: svn commit: r799755 - in /maven/scm/trunk: pom.xml src/main/ src/main/assembly/ src/main/assembly/source-release.xml

2009/7/31 Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>:
> Ok, we need to figure out how to do this generally. I really don't want to see this in every POM we have. Brian, is there no way to share this?

Yes there is. The problem was getting the license and notice files
included. On the infra list it seems like we'll be required to add
them to svn anyway so that will make it easier for me to wrap up.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Brian Fox wrote:

> On the infra list it seems like we'll be required to add
> them to svn anyway

When we do, could we use a well-known file extension like .txt for these
files? The source bundles we currently produce contain "LICENSE" and
"NOTICE" and these are not easily opened on Windows without a file
extension.

Benjamin