Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Rock, Paul" <pa...@teamaol.com> on 2010/11/10 22:43:41 UTC

CF Stats in 0.7beta3

Afternoon all - I'm playing with 0.7beta3 on some boxes I have here at the office and while checking out the stats from one of my tests I'm seeing Write Latency being reported as "0.009 ms". I haven't done any timing yet in my client, but is this really microsecond latency, or is there a mismatch between the numeric and the label? Granted, I'm not loading the complex up at all just writing with a single thread to play with pycassa so the cluster doesn't have anything to do but handle my write, but I'd like to make sure before I run off trying to talk my manager into something :-)

                Column Family: NameServer2Domain
                SSTable count: 0
                Space used (live): 0
                Space used (total): 0
                Memtable Columns Count: 39718
                Memtable Data Size: 2531109
                Memtable Switch Count: 0
                Read Count: 0
                Read Latency: NaN ms.
                Write Count: 39718
                Write Latency: 0.009 ms.
                Pending Tasks: 0
                Key cache capacity: 200000
                Key cache size: 0
                Key cache hit rate: NaN
                Row cache: disabled
                Compacted row minimum size: 0
                Compacted row maximum size: 0
                Compacted row mean size: 0

Re: CF Stats in 0.7beta3

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
Yeah, that's really microsecond latency. Note, though that this isn't
the full request timing, its just the storage proxy down, so it
doesn't account for any latency added by thrift or the network.

-ryan