Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Juan Alvarado <ja...@manduca.com> on 2002/02/28 16:18:21 UTC

Messages

Could someone tell me how to retrieve messages stored in my
ApplicationResources properties file from the perform method in my Action
class. I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but I figured it's
essentially the same thing the <html:errors> tag does in a JSP, but the only
difference is that I am looking for a specific message.

Thanks in advance

Juan Alvarado
Internet Developer -- Manduca Management
(786)552-0504
jalvarado@manduca.com
AOL Instant Messenger: juan2000@aol.com

Re: Messages

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Yes, in fact, you're right.  The errors tag does just that.  You might try
looking at the source code for the tag.  Once you have downloaded and
uncompressed the source distribution, change to the subdirectory:

src/share/org/apache/struts/taglib

which is located under the main directory created when you uncompress.  From
there, the error tag is described in:

ErrorsTag.java

Hopefully, between this class and the javadocs (of course), you can
determine how to acheive your goal.

I have no experience with doing what you're doing so that's about all the
help I can be.

HTH

Eddie

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>